FAA TSO-C71 REGULATED DC TO DC CONVERTER
LIGHT DIMMER WITH EXTERNAL VOLTAGE CONTROL
The LT-53, LT-73 and LT-103 are pulse width-modulated DC to DC converters that provide regulated power.
These converters transform an unregulated 28 VDC to a regulated and adjustable DC output via a remote control voltage; 0 to 5 VDC typical or 0 to 28 VDC.
The LT-Series are used to control the light intensity of incandescent bulbs in aircraft instrument lighting when voltage control is required.
- State of the art design for regulation and positive logic for output overvoltage protection.
- Other voltage control range is available.
- The Model LT-Series is serviceable, small and lightweight (33 watts per pound and 1.7 watts per cubic inch).
- Maximum output voltage is adjustable with an internal trim pot.
- Designed to meet various applicable portions MIL-STD 704 notice 3, MIL-STD-202 and MIL-T-5422F class 1A.
|Input Voltage:||28 VDC nom., 20 to 40 VDC.|
|Output Voltage:||Adjustable with external voltage from 0 to 5 VDC.|
|Regulation:||2% for line, 2% load and 2% temperature.|
|Output Ripple:||25 mVp-p.|
|Protection (Overload):||Input and output current pulse when overload exceeds approximately 125% of rating.|
|Protection (Overvoltage):||Output voltage is limited to approximately 125% of rating eventhough remote control rheostat opens or shorts, or internal failure occurs.|
|Temperature:||-55°C to +71°C (sufficient cooling required @ +71°C ambient)|
|Size:|| 2.3" H x 2. 3" W x 5.8" L.
5.7 cm H x 5.7 cm W x 14.6 cm L
|Weight:||1.5 lbs. (683 grams).|
|Max VA Rating||50||70||100|
|Input Voltage (VDC)||20 to 40||20 to 40||20 to 40|
| Input Current (ADC)
|Output Voltage (VDC)||0 to 5||0 to 12||0 to 28|
|Output Current (ADC)||10||5.8||3.6|
|A||+28 VDC input||20 to 40 VDC|
|B||Common Ground||Input/output return|
|C||+ VDC Output||Adjustable DC Output|
|D||Remote Control||0 to 5 VDC|
|E||Remote Control||0 to 28 VDC|